Members Stay Current
Download the latest Meeting Minutes here.
Pay Your Dues
PROGRAM: The State of Unions – Union Issues in Today’s Environment. A discussion about local union issues.
Panel moderated by: Cherika Carter, the Field Mobilization Director for the Washington State Labor Council, AFL-CIO. This program will educate everyone on the issues that affect the lives of millions of union members. An example is a recent anti-union resolution adopted by Gig Harbor based on the Freedom Foundation (Koch Brothers) anti-union initiatives calling for public negotiations for union workers in Gig Harbor, largely the police represented by the Teamsters. Panelists include Patty Rose, Pierce County Central Labor Council AFL-CIO Secretary-Treasurer; Pedro Oguin, Co-Director of Organizing for Teamsters Local 117; Steve Miller, IAM 160; Todd Iverson, member of ILWU Washington Area District Council and Executive Board, ILWU Local #23 at Port of Tacoma; Stacey Opiopio, UFCW Local 21 Membership Action Director.
Date: Thursday, September 5, 2019
Time: 6 pm – Social/Potluck Dinner
6:30 pm Meeting
Location: Givens Community Ctr
1026 Sidney Ave, Port Orchard, WA 98366
We have a potluck dinner each month which everyone enjoys. In order to make sure we have a nice variety of substantial dishes we’d like to try something new. Please bring a main course dish, salad or side dish, or dessert – according to the first letter of your last name:
A-H Main Course
I-P Salad or Side Dish
Be a Blue Champion!
Sign up to Donate Monthly.
HELP US GET DEMOCRATS ELECTED
Give once or give monthly.
100% of your generous donations stay right here in the 26th LD to help take our local candidates to victory.
26th Dems – Reclaiming Our Future
We Can Build An America That Works For All Of Us
Our ideals of freedom and justice are crumbling under the weight of powerful interests with their own self-serving objectives and a “you’re on your own” mentality for the rest of us. These interests threaten our families, our communities and our values.
But it doesn’t have to be this way.
We can work together in the 26th Legislative District to:
- BUILD a strong economy from the middle class out (not “trickle-down”), where middle class families with money in their pockets create a stronger America.
- STAND UP for strong communities. Every family has a right to clean air and drinking water, good food, health, and a safe place to call home.
- RESPECT the inherent dignity and equality of every human being regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, income, or sexual orientation.
- INVEST in strong public schools to open the doors to decent jobs, a secure retirement, and ladders of opportunity for all our children to succeed.
- PROTECT our children, seniors, and veterans. Make sure they are defended and supported, not left to fend for themselves.
STAY UP TO DATE
Get Email Updates
A great way to stay connected and get updates about the 26th LD Democrats is to join our mailing list or find us on these social platforms.