Legislative District 26 Democrats express our heartfelt concern for our community during this challenging time of the COVID-19 pandemic. We salute all of those on the front line: from healthcare workers to grocery store clerks. We are observing the stay-at-home directive from Governor Inslee by making all of our meetings virtual. In addition, we have canceled our Bridge To Bridge Dinner Auction and delayed the opening of our Gig Harbor Campaign Office. Please stay safe, we will get through this together. - Luellen Lucid, Chair, LD 26 Democrats.Read More
Be a Blue Champion!
Sign up to Donate Monthly.
HELP US GET DEMOCRATS ELECTED
Give once or give monthly.
100% of your generous donations stay right here in the 26th LD to help take our local candidates to victory.
Gig Harbor & Key Peninsula
Animarum – Wednesday – Saturday, 2:00 – 6:00 PM – For seniors: free daily special and soup to go, reserve 24 hours in advance by calling 253-720-6005.
Food Backpacks 4 Kids: All families who receive a food backpack can continue to receive food in our new Weekly “Drive-by” Food Pick Up Program on Saturdays at noon at three locations:
- Henderson Bay High School Parking Lot
- Gateway Park Parking Lot
- Evergreen Elementary Parking Lot
In addition, ANY family in the Peninsula School District with school-aged children in need of food should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org – just let us know which pickup location is most convenient for you, your name and the number of children. Families without transportation should also email us – we want every student in the district to not have any issues with food insecurity.
Gig Harbor Peninsula FISH Food Bank and Community Services (4425 Burnham Dr., Gig Harbor WA 98332): Providing food on Mondays and Fridays 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and Wednesdays and Thursdays 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Call GHP FISH Financial Assistance (253 851-8800) for help with essential bills.
Key Peninsula Bischoff Food Bank (1916 Key Peninsula Highway North, Lakebay, WA 98349): Open Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 2 pm-6 pm Wednesday 2pm-8pm and Saturday: 2 pm-5 pm. Closed Sunday and Monday.
Key Peninsula Community Services (17015 9th St Ct NW, Lakebay, WA. 98349)
Food Basket Hours:
- Tuesday – 10AM – 11:45AM & 12:45PM – 3PM
- Wednesday – 10AM – 11:45AM & 12:45PM – 5:30PM
- Thursday – 10AM – 11:45AM & 12:45PM – 3PM
- Friday – 10AM – 11:45AM & 12:45PM – 3PM
Bread Closet Hours:
- Tuesday – 10AM – Noon & 12:45PM – 4PM
- Wednesday – 10AM – Noon & 12:45PM – 6PM
- Thursday – 10AM – Noon & 12:45PM – 4PM
- Friday – 10AM – Noon & 12:45PM – 4PM
Has suspended all programs except for lunches. Lunches are available for drive-through on Wednesdays & Fridays. You need to make a reservation the DAY BEFORE no later than 4PM. Call in your order (253) 884-4440 or email Kyong.
Providing free lunches to all students under 18, Monday-Friday between 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at:
- Artondale Elementary;
- Evergreen Elementary;
- Purdy Elementary;
- Key Peninsula Middle School; and
- Gig Harbor High School.
Due to COVID-19 This Event Has Been Cancelled!
The 26th Legislative District Democrats has canceled all in-person events due to this tragic world event, the Corona Virus Pandemic, including this important fundraiser. We still have a very important election in November and our candidates need our support. We appreciate those that have purchased tickets and donated the amount that they would have spent at this event.
Please consider ticket purchases as a donation.
We will leave this ticket purchase link active so our supporters can continue to give generously.
Saturday, April 25, 2020
Best Western Wesley Inn 6575 Kimball Drive Gig Harbor, WA, 98335
Doors Open – 6:00 PM
Dinner, Speakers, Live & Silent Auction
26th Dems – Reclaiming Our Future
We Can Build An America That Works For All Of Us
Our ideals of freedom and justice are crumbling under the weight of powerful interests with their own self-serving objectives and a “you’re on your own” mentality for the rest of us. These interests threaten our families, our communities and our values.
But it doesn’t have to be this way.
We can work together in the 26th Legislative District to:
- BUILD a strong economy from the middle class out (not “trickle-down”), where middle class families with money in their pockets create a stronger America.
- STAND UP for strong communities. Every family has a right to clean air and drinking water, good food, health, and a safe place to call home.
- RESPECT the inherent dignity and equality of every human being regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, income, or sexual orientation.
- INVEST in strong public schools to open the doors to decent jobs, a secure retirement, and ladders of opportunity for all our children to succeed.
- PROTECT our children, seniors, and veterans. Make sure they are defended and supported, not left to fend for themselves.
STAY UP TO DATE
Get Email Updates
A great way to stay connected and get updates about the 26th LD Democrats is to join our mailing list or find us on these social platforms.
Members Stay Current
Download the latest Meeting Minutes here.
Pay Your Dues