CALL TO MEETING:
On March 26, 2022 at 10:00 am, the 26th LD Democrats will be holding a caucus to elect delegates and alternatives to the 2022 WA State Democratic Convention in June. Delegates are responsible for participating in the review and submission of resolutions and amendments to the Convention Rules, Platform and Resolutions. The delegate election will be held virtually and will last about 1 hour. Voting will be handled by virtual ballot.
Below is important information on running for delegate and the process:
- You must live in the 26th Legislative District based on the boundaries adopted by the state legislature in 2022. You can find an updated map HERE.
- You do not have to be a member of the 26th LD Democrats, but you must be a democrat.
- Anyone may attend the caucus, but only members and PCOs (as of February 26, 2022) may vote for delegates. To register to attend the caucus as an attendee or voting member, please RSVP HERE. You must register for the meeting no later than 8pm on March 21 so we have time to create ballots for voting members and send out the invite.
- A separate email will be sent to all members and PCOs (as of February 26, 2022) to remind them of their responsibilities as voting members.
- To run as a delegate, you must register HERE. You must register to run as a delegate by 8pm on March 24. We will be providing this information to our voting members early on March 25.
- We are strongly encouraging people in the following groups to apply to encourage representation: Black, Latino, AAPI, Native American, LGBTQ+, Persons with a disability, Young People (under 36).
- We need more or less equal numbers of male/females/gender non-binary people as part of our delegate selection process.
- As part of the delegate registration, found here, you are asked to provide a written candidate statement which is included in the registration form. We encourage everyone to provide their candidate statement with the registration to allow our voting members to learn about you in advance of the caucus and voting. If you do not provide the statement, you will still have a chance to give a verbal statement at the caucus (see below).
- All candidates will have the opportunity to give a 30 second verbal statement at the March 26 LD caucus. If you wrote a candidate statement as part of your registration and wish to use that as your statement, please let us know and we will not call on you to speak and will inform the members of the statement provided.
- After the caucus, successful candidates will be notified that they are an official delegate. A couple of virtual meetings will be held from April to early June in order to help delegates prepare for their role at the convention.
- The State Democratic Convention General Session will be held on Saturday, June 25 in Tacoma. To attend in-person, you must be fully vaccinated, including boosters based on CDC guidelines. You may also attend virtually. You will be asked to make a decision on your attendance by April 1.
For more information, or to ask any questions, send us an email at: email@example.comRead More
Members Stay Current
View the latest Meeting Minutes here.
Pay Your Dues
Be a Blue Champion!
Sign up to Donate Monthly.
HELP US GET DEMOCRATS ELECTED
Give once or give monthly.
100% of your generous donations stay right here in the 26th LD to help take our local candidates to victory.
26th Dems – Reclaiming Our Future
We Can Build An America That Works For All Of Us
Our ideals of freedom and justice are crumbling under the weight of powerful interests with their own self-serving objectives and a “you’re on your own” mentality for the rest of us. These interests threaten our families, our communities and our values.
But it doesn’t have to be this way.
We can work together in the 26th Legislative District to:
- BUILD a strong economy from the middle class out (not “trickle-down”), where middle class families with money in their pockets create a stronger America.
- STAND UP for strong communities. Every family has a right to clean air and drinking water, good food, health, and a safe place to call home.
- RESPECT the inherent dignity and equality of every human being regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, income, or sexual orientation.
- INVEST in strong public schools to open the doors to decent jobs, a secure retirement, and ladders of opportunity for all our children to succeed.
- PROTECT our children, seniors, and veterans. Make sure they are defended and supported, not left to fend for themselves.
A great way to stay connected and get updates about the 26th LD Democrats is to join our mailing list or find us on these social platforms.