Greetings to all. I hope you all are as excited as I am about this Saturday’s (June 28) Port Orchard Fathoms O’ Fun Parade!! Here are a few more details sure to enhance your marching pleasure:
1. The 26th LD parade position number is “94” and all participants line up along the right side of Port Orchard Blvd. (off Tremont going out to Hwy. 16). I plan to arrive at 4pm to check us in and pick up our position card. The parade itself begins moving at 6pm.
2. Port Orchard Blvd. will be open from 3 – 5pm for arrival and check in.
3. Parking is available in the Bethany Lutheran School lot just past PO Blvd and at Westbay Center where the parade will end. For those newer to Port Orchard, Key Bank is located at Westbay facing Bay Street.
4. There is a Fathoms shuttle running from 3 – 5pm with stops at KFC at the vacant bank bldg. (across from Westbay), the east end
of Port Orchard Town Square(formerly SK Mall) and at the parade line-up area.
5. We will also have folks available to shuttle walkers back to Bethany Lutheran at parade’s end.
6. Matt Carter of Carter’s Chocolate’s fame and a strong supporter since opening business in 2008, has invited all 26th participants to the recently relocated shop at Westbay for ice cream cones following the parade.
7. Slaughter County Brewing Co. at Westbay has been suggested as a possible place to gather after the parade (and after ice cream).
Looking forward to an “epic sized” contingent this Saturday. Current forecast calls for cloudy, 68 degrees and a slight chance of a shower (“AM” I hope). See you on the 28th!!
26th LD Democrats
“Democracy begins with you. Tag, you’re it!” – Thom Hartmann