CALL TO MEETING:
On March 26, 2022 at 10:00 am, the 26th LD Democrats will be holding a caucus to elect delegates and alternatives to the 2022 WA State Democratic Convention in June. Delegates are responsible for participating in the review and submission of resolutions and amendments to the Convention Rules, Platform and Resolutions. The delegate election will be held virtually and will last about 1 hour. Voting will be handled by virtual ballot.
Below is important information on running for delegate and the process:
- You must live in the 26th Legislative District based on the boundaries adopted by the state legislature in 2022. You can find an updated map HERE.
- You do not have to be a member of the 26th LD Democrats, but you must be a democrat.
- Anyone may attend the caucus, but only members and PCOs (as of February 26, 2022) may vote for delegates. To register to attend the caucus as an attendee or voting member, please RSVP HERE. You must register for the meeting no later than 8pm on March 21 so we have time to create ballots for voting members and send out the invite.
- A separate email will be sent to all members and PCOs (as of February 26, 2022) to remind them of their responsibilities as voting members.
- To run as a delegate, you must register HERE. You must register to run as a delegate by 8pm on March 24. We will be providing this information to our voting members early on March 25.
- We are strongly encouraging people in the following groups to apply to encourage representation: Black, Latino, AAPI, Native American, LGBTQ+, Persons with a disability, Young People (under 36).
- We need more or less equal numbers of male/females/gender non-binary people as part of our delegate selection process.
- As part of the delegate registration, found here, you are asked to provide a written candidate statement which is included in the registration form. We encourage everyone to provide their candidate statement with the registration to allow our voting members to learn about you in advance of the caucus and voting. If you do not provide the statement, you will still have a chance to give a verbal statement at the caucus (see below).
- All candidates will have the opportunity to give a 30 second verbal statement at the March 26 LD caucus. If you wrote a candidate statement as part of your registration and wish to use that as your statement, please let us know and we will not call on you to speak and will inform the members of the statement provided.
- After the caucus, successful candidates will be notified that they are an official delegate. A couple of virtual meetings will be held from April to early June in order to help delegates prepare for their role at the convention.
- The State Democratic Convention General Session will be held on Saturday, June 25 in Tacoma. To attend in-person, you must be fully vaccinated, including boosters based on CDC guidelines. You may also attend virtually. You will be asked to make a decision on your attendance by April 1.
For more information, or to ask any questions, send us an email at: email@example.com
URGENT REQUEST – I am asking you as a Democratic Party activist to register on the State Party website (www.waelectioncenter.com) to be a LD 26 delegate for purposes of selecting delegates to the National Convention.
LD 26 PCOs will vote electronically between April 26 and May 3 for LD 26 delegates from those who have registered on the State Party website. They will elect 15 delegates representing Vice President Joe Biden and 11 delegates representing Bernie Sanders. The number of delegates per Presidential candidate is based on the March 10 primary results. If you are elected to be a LD 26 delegate, you will be selecting the delegates to the National Convention, and this voting will occur electronically May 30. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there will be no in-person caucuses this year either at the LD or Congressional level.
Serving as a LD 26 delegate does NOT obligate you to attend the National Convention although you may run as a National delegate if you so choose. If there is a State Convention in June in Tacoma as originally planned, you will also be expected to attend and vote for National delegates at the Convention. At this time, we do not know if the State Convention will take place.
During our LD 26 caucus held on Saturday, March 24, 2018 we elected our delegates to the Washington State Democratic Party State Convention, held on 16-17 June 2018 in Wenatchee, Washington. Congratulations to our delegates!
Kitsap: Ian Crinean, Cassandra Wolle, Tony Otto, Chris Kim
Kitsap Alternates: Dianna Eversole, Travis Wolle
Pierce: Michael Cobey, Bill Lloyd, Lewis Myers, Margaret Gaspari
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
16 March 2018
Contact: John Kelly, 26th LD Democrats Chair, 253-313-4473
Democrats will gather at Legislative District Caucuses/County Conventions on March 24
Gig Harbor, WA– The 26th Legislative District Democratic Central Committee today announced that local Democrats will meet on March 24 at 10:00 am, to begin the process of choosing Legislative District Delegates to the Washington State Democrats June 16 State Convention in Wenatchee.
In 2016, the State Party held Precinct Caucuses as the first step in its biennial convention cycle. In this non-Presidential year, the State Party will hold stand alone Legislative District Caucuses and joint Legislative District Caucuses/County Conventions on March 24. In total, 49 Legislative Districts and 35 Counties will meet in March while Clark, King, Pierce, Thurston, Kitsap, and Snohomish Counties will host their County Conventions on April 22.
WHAT: LD 26 Legislative District Caucus
DATE: Saturday, March 24, 2018
TIME: 10:00 am
WHERE: Peninsula High School, 14105 Purdy Lane NW, Gig Harbor WA 98332
For a full list of Caucus/Convention locations or to Pre-Register, please go to:
We want our caucuses and conventions to be inclusive and accessible. To request disability accommodations if needed, please contact your local Legislative District or County leadership. Contact information available here:
* Notice of Special Meeting*
January 29, 2018
Givens Community Center
1026 Sidney Ave
Port Orchard 98366
Per the 2018 Washington State Democrats Delegate Selection and Affirmative Action Plan , the 26th Legislative Democrats are tasked with electing one representative each for the following Washington State Democrats State Convention Committees: Credentials, Platform and Rules. (Information on each committee is listed below).
The Washington State Democrats State Convention will be held on June 16-17, 2018 in Wenatchee WA (Location: To be determined)
Although any 26th LD Democrat can be nominated for one of these committee positions, only elected and appointed Precinct Committee Officers are eligible to vote in this election. Our chair, state committee man and state committee woman are not eligible to be nominated for these positions as they are designated as automatic delegates to the Washington State Democrats State Convention.
Nominees should be individuals committed to the Party and Democratic Values and be members in good standing of their local appointing organization. These are important leadership positions demanding a great deal of time, dedication and ability to work well with others in small and large group settings. It is expected that appointees will adhere to the WSDCC Code of Conduct.
RSVP to LD Caucus Chair Johanna Baxter
RSVP on Facebook for our special meeting!
Don’t forget we have our regular general meeting on Thursday, February 1 (6:30 PM for our dinner/social, 7 PM for our meeting) at Givens Center, 1026 Sidney Avenue, Port Orchard 98366. We’ll be hearing from Leslie Rothbaum on the Kitsap County Democrats Annual Dinner and Auction, Pierce County Councilperson Derek Young on Senate Bill 6091, signed into law by Gov. Jay Inslee on Jan. 19 (Hirst Decision-rural water rights). Joy Vartanian and Don Bartley, our State Committee people, will give us the latest information from the Washington State Democrats Central Committee meeting held in Bellingham, WA this last weekend. More information on our upcoming LD caucus will be shared and we will have an open question and answer session. See you at our February General Meeting this Thursday!
** The LD 26 Caucus is Coming!
Our caucus will be held on Saturday, March 24th at 10 AM (Peninsula High School/Commons Area, Gig Harbor, WA) Don’t miss our 26th LD Democrats monthly meeting on Thursday February 1, 2018 (7 PM/ Givens Community Center, 1026 Sidney Ave, Port Orchard) as we’ll be sharing the latest information about this event!
Important Upcoming Dates
March 24, 2018 10 AM LD 26 Caucus
(Tenative Location: Peninsula High School, Purdy WA)
April 22, 2018 1 PM Pierce County Convention (Location: TBD)
June 16-17 2018 Washington State Democrats
(Wenatchee, WA) State Convention