CALL TO MEETING:
On March 26, 2022 at 10:00 am, the 26th LD Democrats will be holding a caucus to elect delegates and alternatives to the 2022 WA State Democratic Convention in June. Delegates are responsible for participating in the review and submission of resolutions and amendments to the Convention Rules, Platform and Resolutions. The delegate election will be held virtually and will last about 1 hour. Voting will be handled by virtual ballot.
Below is important information on running for delegate and the process:
- You must live in the 26th Legislative District based on the boundaries adopted by the state legislature in 2022. You can find an updated map HERE.
- You do not have to be a member of the 26th LD Democrats, but you must be a democrat.
- Anyone may attend the caucus, but only members and PCOs (as of February 26, 2022) may vote for delegates. To register to attend the caucus as an attendee or voting member, please RSVP HERE. You must register for the meeting no later than 8pm on March 21 so we have time to create ballots for voting members and send out the invite.
- A separate email will be sent to all members and PCOs (as of February 26, 2022) to remind them of their responsibilities as voting members.
- To run as a delegate, you must register HERE. You must register to run as a delegate by 8pm on March 24. We will be providing this information to our voting members early on March 25.
- We are strongly encouraging people in the following groups to apply to encourage representation: Black, Latino, AAPI, Native American, LGBTQ+, Persons with a disability, Young People (under 36).
- We need more or less equal numbers of male/females/gender non-binary people as part of our delegate selection process.
- As part of the delegate registration, found here, you are asked to provide a written candidate statement which is included in the registration form. We encourage everyone to provide their candidate statement with the registration to allow our voting members to learn about you in advance of the caucus and voting. If you do not provide the statement, you will still have a chance to give a verbal statement at the caucus (see below).
- All candidates will have the opportunity to give a 30 second verbal statement at the March 26 LD caucus. If you wrote a candidate statement as part of your registration and wish to use that as your statement, please let us know and we will not call on you to speak and will inform the members of the statement provided.
- After the caucus, successful candidates will be notified that they are an official delegate. A couple of virtual meetings will be held from April to early June in order to help delegates prepare for their role at the convention.
- The State Democratic Convention General Session will be held on Saturday, June 25 in Tacoma. To attend in-person, you must be fully vaccinated, including boosters based on CDC guidelines. You may also attend virtually. You will be asked to make a decision on your attendance by April 1.
For more information, or to ask any questions, send us an email at: email@example.com
Due to COVID-19 This Event Has Been Cancelled!
The 26th Legislative District Democrats has canceled all in-person events due to this tragic world event, the Corona Virus Pandemic, including this important fundraiser. We still have a very important election in November and our candidates need our support. We appreciate those that have purchased tickets and donated the amount that they would have spent at this event.
Please consider ticket purchases as a donation.
We will leave this ticket purchase link active so our supporters can continue to give generously.
Saturday, April 25, 2020
Best Western Wesley Inn 6575 Kimball Drive Gig Harbor, WA, 98335
Doors Open – 6:00 PM
Dinner, Speakers, Live & Silent Auction
Kitsap Pride 2019 • Stonewall 50
JOIN US AT OUR BOOTH!!
11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The 26th LD Democrats Annual Dine For Democrats at our Bridge To Bridge Dinner & Auction
Date: Saturday, June 8th 2019
Speakers Derek Kilmer, House Congressional District 6, Hilary Franz, WA Commissioner of Public Lands
THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING THIS THE BEST EVENING OF THE YEAR!
SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR!
Program: Watch both nights of the 2019 Democratic Presidential Candidate Debates with your friends and neighbors on a giant 70 ft x 40 ft screen at the Gig Harbor Galaxy Uptown IMAX Theater.
Dates: Wednesday, June 26, & Thursday, June 27, 2019
Time: 6pm start. Doors open at 5:15pm
Location: IMAX THEATER – Galaxy Uptown Luxury+ Theatre
Address: 4649 Point Fosdick Dr NW, Gig Harbor, WA 98335
MC: Derek Young, Pierce County Council Member
Co-Sponsors: 26th Legislative District Democrats and 28th Legislative District Democrats
Co-hosts: Pierce County Democratic Central Committee, Kitsap County Democratic Central Committee