Greetings to all. I hope you all are as excited as I am about this Saturday’s (June 28) Port Orchard Fathoms O’ Fun Parade!! Here are a few more details sure to enhance your marching pleasure:
1. The 26th LD parade position number is “94” and all participants line up along the right side of Port Orchard Blvd. (off Tremont going out to Hwy. 16). I plan to arrive at 4pm to check us in and pick up our position card. The parade itself begins moving at 6pm.
2. Port Orchard Blvd. will be open from 3 – 5pm for arrival and check in.
3. Parking is available in the Bethany Lutheran School lot just past PO Blvd and at Westbay Center where the parade will end. For those newer to Port Orchard, Key Bank is located at Westbay facing Bay Street.
4. There is a Fathoms shuttle running from 3 – 5pm with stops at KFC at the vacant bank bldg. (across from Westbay), the east end
of Port Orchard Town Square(formerly SK Mall) and at the parade line-up area.
5. We will also have folks available to shuttle walkers back to Bethany Lutheran at parade’s end.
6. Matt Carter of Carter’s Chocolate’s fame and a strong supporter since opening business in 2008, has invited all 26th participants to the recently relocated shop at Westbay for ice cream cones following the parade.
7. Slaughter County Brewing Co. at Westbay has been suggested as a possible place to gather after the parade (and after ice cream).
Looking forward to an “epic sized” contingent this Saturday. Current forecast calls for cloudy, 68 degrees and a slight chance of a shower (“AM” I hope). See you on the 28th!!
26th LD Democrats
“Democracy begins with you. Tag, you’re it!” – Thom Hartmann
Parade season is once again upon us and what better way to spend an afternoon with our fellow Democrats than marching in the 2014 Maritime Gig Festival Parade–“Pirates of the Peninsula-Yo Ho Harbor!” We’ve had a great time at this event every year meeting and greeting our Gig Harbor friends and family. We’d love to see you walk with us as well.
You’ll be looking for us,the 26th Legislative District Democrats and our check in time is 10 AM Saturday, June 7th at the staging area, located at the Puerto Vallarta parking lot in Gig Harbor–4225 Burnham Dr NW. Our parade number is 69. Carpooling *is* recommended and the Gig Harbor Chamber recommends using Harbor Ridge Middle School, 9010 Prentice Ave NW in Gig Harbor as a drop off area and for walking to the Puerto Vallarta staging area.
For additional information or to RSVP for this event, please contact
[@encode@ email=”firstname.lastname@example.org” display=”Eric Mattson”] or call (253)509-4401.
Dear Johanna and other 26th LD Democrats,
There is a great opportunity coming up for you to get involved with Democrats in your area and make a real difference in your community.
Run to become a precinct committee officer, the Democratic representative for your precinct!
Precinct committee officers (PCOs) ,are elected officials of the Party. In contested precincts, candidates for PCO appear on the Primary ballot and are elected by voters in their precinct.
PCOs play an important role in electing Democrats. It’s their job to get to know their neighbors, educate undecided or swing voters, and make sure Democrats are registered to vote. Before Election Day, they work to turn out voters.
All this hard work adds up to precinct-by-precinct victories and the election of Democratic candidates. This is what grassroots politics is all about!
PCOs are also a central part of every local Democratic organization. Becoming active with your local Democratic organization will make you a more effective PCO. They elect leadership for every organization and help fill vacancies in other elected offices.
There are two ways to submit a Declaration of Candidacy:
Click here to find the website of your County Auditor. Visit the website of your County Auditor and fill out a Declaration of Candidacy form online, where available.
Click here to download a Declaration of Candidacy form. If you can’t fill out a form online, you can download this form and mail it to your County Auditor.
Become a PCO – Join us as we work to elect Democrats in precincts across the state!
Party Affairs Manager
Washington State Democrats
Washington State Democratic Central Committee
615 Second Ave., Seattle, WA 98104 – (206) 583-0664 – http://www.wa-democrats.org
Not authorized by any federal candidate or candidate’s committee
Join us for appetizers, beer and wine from an award winning local WA winery!
Campaign kickoff for
Representative Larry Seaquist
Saturday May 3, 2014 5:30 pm
Harbor History Museum
4121 Harborview Dr, Gig Harbor WA 98332
with special guest
Congressman Derek Kilmer
Please RSVP to email@example.com
If you are unable to attend but would still like to support Larry Seaquist please visit www.electlarryseaquist.com
mail a check to Citizens Elect Larry Seaquist PO Box 821, Gig Harbor WA 98335
All Democrats of Pierce County are Called to the 2014 Pierce County Democrats Convention.
This is truly Grass Roots Politics, where your voice is heard.
Date: Saturday, April 12, 2014
Location: IBEW Hall
3049 S. 36th Street
Time: Doors open 9:30 am Registration 10:00 Call to Order 10:45