Rep. Jesse Young, R-Gig Harbor, will be hosting town halls in our 26th Legislative District on Saturday, March 11.
The town halls will be at the following locations:
- Gig Harbor – City Hall Council Chambers, 3510 Grandview Dr., from 10-11:30 a.m.
- Port Orchard – City Hall Council Chambers, 216 Prospect, from 1-2:30 p.m.
At these community meetings, you can ask questions and Representative Young will offer an update on the 2017 legislative session.
Current announcements for Lobby Action Days in Olympia:
NAMI-WA Day in Olympia: Monday, January 19 at First Christian Church, 701 Franklin St SE, Olympia WA 98507
**Please RSVP if you are attending at firstname.lastname@example.org**
9-9:30 AM Arrival and Continental Breakfast
9:30-10:30 AM NAMI’s 2015 legislative priorities. Tips for meeting with your legislators.
10:30-11:30 AM NAMI Washington open board meeting (Please note this change from previous years, the open board meeting is not the day before NAMI day)
11:30 AM Legislative visits begin
Priorities for 2015 include:
1. Changing the RCW wording regarding involuntary hospitalization and advocating for “Assisted Outpatient Treatment”
2. Advocating for increasing access to fully-fund PEER-infused Crisis Stabilization Units/Triage Centers
3. Advocating for increasing funding for non-crisis community based mental health services, including the necessary resources to serve those in crisis.
Visit NAMI-WA online for more information. Thank you to Bill Budd for coming to speak to us during our January membership meeting.
Medical Cannabis Day in Olympia with ASA-Washington: Thursday January 22 from 8 AM-4 PM
ASA Washington (Americans for Safe Access-Washington state) members will be taking the capitol by storm in a show of solidarity by the patients and the people who care for them.
For additional information, please visit the ASA Washington site.
Native American Lobby Day in Olympia: Friday January 23 from 9 AM-3 PM
Sponsored by Spirit of the Red Road, this lobby day takes place at the Columbia Room first floor in the Legislative Building. A Drum Circle will also take place in the Rotunda.