Here are the minutes from our May 2017 General Membership meeting. These are some highlights:
- Important words from guest speaker Leslie Daugs on local union-busting activity
- Get the latest about “NO! on 1552” from guest speaker Lynn Goralsky.
- Updates on candidates running for local office in our 26th LD
- Upcoming events at which you can make a difference!
We unveiled our new poster for community events: LD26 Poster America Does Best
Please join us for our May 2017 meeting of the 26th LD Democrats! Our meeting will be called to order on Thursday, May 4th, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. Come early and join us for dinner and social networking at 6:30 p.m. Meetings are at the Givens Community Center, 1026 Sidney Ave, Port Orchard 98366.
Ave, Port Orchard 98366.
View our Agenda.
For more information, please contact chair John Kelly at email@example.com.
Organized Neighborhood Canvassing
Come join us for a time of fun and camaraderie learning how to be an effective canvasser/doorbeller. Then, we’ll put some feet to the street!
Meet Saturday, May 6, at the Givens Community Center in Port Orchard at 9:00 a.m. This event is “Organized Neighborhood Canvassing”, a part of the Effective Political Leadership workshop sponsored by 26th District Democrats.
PCOs—this is for you!
Here are the benefits of good canvassing:
- Get to know your neighbors
- Build rapport and consensus in your precinct
- Find interested people who can help you win your precinct for our causes
- Prepare for the upcoming elections
For more information on being a PCO see http://www.wa-democrats.org/local/pco